jlo from the burbs but now in mexico

Saturday, January 07, 2006

ok, im alive

well hello. this is my first post since i have arrived in mexico. everything is going well. the weather is very very hot but today is is great. my family is fun and they feed me well. i havent done anything amazingly fun or crazy yet because we are in the middle of our orientation. i go to be early because i just get worn out during the day. that will change as time goes on. the people on my program are fun and so it should be fun to hang out with them. i celebrated el dia de los reyes yesterday with my immediate and extended family and it was very fun. the spanish part is going well too. i seem to be getting into the swing of things as far as the language goes. they are very patient and nice. my mother doesnt speak any english so that is good because i have to talk to her in spanish all the time. i just came from lunch in el centro de la ciudad and i ate a food called Poc Chuc and it was really good. it is a local yucatecan dish that is made with pork. ok cool. more to come but it is kind of hard for me to come by a computer with internet so it might take a while. ok bye

2 Comments:

  • JORDAAAAAAANNNN. I miss you already! Our suite is so boring without you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 AM  

  • Jordan...
    Necesitas visitar una tienda que esta en el centro, Calle 57 x 64. La tienda esta en el parte noreste de la interseccion.

    By Blogger Tim, at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home